Monday, 14 May 2007

The Shortest Weekend EVER...

Hello Internet!  How was your weekend?  Mine?  SHORT!
Friday night Chris' friend Taylor came over to spend the weekend. 
Saturday we ventured down to London to meet up with my cousin and her husband who are visiting England.  We didn't take any pictures because well, we have all the pictures from London that we need.  We went to a museum and got to see Michelangelo 'David' (yes the real thing....) I probably should have taken a picture of that.... oh well... Then we met up with my cousin and spent a very nice evening with her.  It was strange to know that I am halfway around the world, but I had dinner with a family member.  

Sunday we skipped church and just hung out.  I made dinner.  It was a great weekend but went quite fast.
I wasn't expecting the surge of homesickness that seeing a family member would bring.  I feel like I've been set back months.  It is a strange feeling knowing I have a life here and most of the time I can put it out of my mind, you know the fact that I live so far away, but actually seeing family and then having them leave and knowing that they are flying home and not  just driving for 20 minutes really has thrown me.  I miss home terribly, I know this feeling is one I will always have - but it has been a hard day with those feelings so close to the surface.
I start my new job tomorrow which I am a bundle of nerves for too... I am sure it will be fine, but like always, I am working myself up over it.
So today has been a yucky day.  I am sure that the constant week of rain hasn't helped either.  Yesterday I saw a patch of sun, I moved on the couch so it could shine right in my face, but no sooner had I done that, it was gone.  Here is the view today out of the window....

No comments: