Thursday, 10 May 2007

I should've Learned by Now...

Chris and I often joke that when I say one thing... the opposite happens.
For example:  Where we live we have a common parking lot, meaning, no reserved spots and anyone can part there.  People shopping in town or at the town market often park in the car park.  People who work in nearby offices often park in our car park, and yet, Chris and I have never had a problem finding a great parking space.... that is until the other week when I said to Chris, "You know when we moved in here everyone said we'd have a hard time finding a place to park and we've been so lucky!"  Like clockwork ever since I said that we have found it VERY difficult to find a place to park.
So you'd think I'd learned my lesson, to stop, and don't say ANYTHING.... but what do I do?  I open my mouth and say, "I get to take 2 University classes!" and I top it off with, "I am so excited!"
BAM!!!
I cant get financial aid to study there because I haven't lived in the country long enough. I am so disappointed, who would have thought I would be disappointed about NOT going to school.
Good thing I am not too excited about starting work or else I know I'd loose that too.
From now on - I am keeping my opinion to myself...
Man!  I was really looking forward to school.....

No comments: