Last summer when I got to England it was HOT and SUNNY - awful by all standards... but all the English were in heaven. News stories bombarded the television of hot, humid, sunny weather. Everyone was enjoying themselves, everyone except me. I was MISERABLE. I was living in Chris' parents caravan and dreaded waking up to the heat and spent all of my time sitting in front of fans. I prayed and prayed for rain, something to cool me down something to give me relief to the awful weather. To my surprise it started to rain, just pour down, and I was so pleased - nothing could be better than this rain. 10 months later and I feel like it hasn't stopped. I feel like the rain is a really good parable to my life. I know that there has been sunny days here in England - I cant remember them (probably because I was too busy wishing them away). I know there have been days without rain, but I cant remember what it is like. That is how I feel now too with my life - I know there has been sunny, happy days in my life, I know it - I lived it, but I just cant remember it. The rain doesn't help with a person's mood, as welcome as that rain was back in July, the sun is now.

No comments:
Post a Comment