I promised that I would write every day. Today (tonight) I am tired so we’ll see if I make much sense.
Today was mostly made up of driving, tunnels, mountains, driving, TRAFFIC JAMS, Dachau, driving. So I think I’ll do this update in bullet points (keeping in mind when I get home I’ll do a whole post just for Dachau).
* Went to the Lindt Factory Shop
* We drove through the Swiss Alps and it was AMAZING!!!
* We got stuck in a HUGE traffic jam – we were entertained by the girl in front of us who occasionally stuck her head (whole top half of her body) out of the window and a man walking past with a blue bird puppet.
* We finally made it to Dachau Concentration Camp – it was such an unforgettable experience (here is a preview of some pictures – post to come!)
* Did you know in Germany on the freeways there isn't a speed limit??? DANGEROUS!!! I was going 90 MPH most of the way and cars were zooming past me. It makes for a very tense drive. Once it got dark, I slowed down!
* Germany is gorgeous – lots of forests and trees.
* We made it to Salzburg at about 7:30 PM. We got to the hotel to find out our room had been given away and we were now booked into the hotel down the street. It turned out okay…. I suppose…
* We had Subway for dinner.
Tomorrow is the Mozart Tour (did you know he was born here in Salzburg) and the eating of LOTS of pastries and then a leisurely drive to Italy.
No comments:
Post a Comment