Thursday, 15 March 2012

London - Luxembourg

Hello from mainland Europe!  We have arrived in a little village here called Vianden.  It is a lovely, quiet little town and if you thought of old time Europe – you’d probably picture a place just like this!

Today started off VERY early by leaving the temple accommodation and driving to the Eurotunnel.  We got to France with no problem and then on through Belgium.  At first it wasn't too picturesque, but as we got closer to Luxembourg it got prettier and prettier.  It was a long drive though – 4 1/2 today.  Here are some of the pictures from today:P1020001

P1020006

P1020009

P1020010

P1020038

P1020086

P1020093

The whole drive I was thinking this is where a lot of battles in WWII took place – what would it have been like??

The hotel is lovely and we even have a balcony!

P1020166

P1020167

P1020170

The weather has been gorgeous and we even were driving with the windows down.  In the centre of town, high on a hill, is a castle.  We didn't have time to tour it – but we drove up and walked around.  Then we walked through town.  The streets were very steep and I saw a few cyclists riding up the hill (CRAZY!).  The town itself reminded me a lot of Park City – and I guess since THAT city was settled by people from around this part of the world that would make sense.

P1020174

P1020176

P1020185

P1020190

P1020192

P1020198

P1020201

P1020206

P1020212

P1020215

That last picture is the view from our balcony.  It has been a great day!  Tomorrow – Zurich, Switzerland!

*** If you want to see the pictures bigger – just click on the picture.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I'll just live through you the next few days! Be safe and have fun!!

Anna said...

How exciting! My brother lives in Zurich and I've never been to visit... need to fix that! Enjoy!

Julia M. said...

Jamie! That looks like a dream come true. I can't believe how beautiful it is. I will certainly enjoy your posts and then try to convince Ben that we should do something similar some time! Keep enjoying yourself!