I cant say just Road Trip 2012 – because that sounds quite boring. I can say adventure because, in the next week, Chris and I will be passing through 8 different countries, attempting to speak 3 different languages and do all of this while driving a right hand drive (manual) car on the opposite side of the road. That sounds like a recipe for adventure to me – or at the very least a few breakdowns (not the car – me) and missed signs, and HOURS and HOURS of driving. But, we are looking forward to it (she says with trepidation).
We are going to cram it all into a week.
Today, at the very last minute we decided to change one of our stops from Venice, Italy to Lake Como, Italy. Who knows where we’ll end up most days – we know on our itinerary we have: Castles, American Military Cemeteries, Trolley Tour, Concentration Camp, Mozart Tour, stunning views and (fingers crossed) lovely, perfect, springtime weather.
Have you ever wondered what springtime is like in Europe? Well, as a commitment to my mom, I will be updating this blog at least daily with - at the very least - a picture of the travels of the day.
I guess I should stop being homesick and appreciate this opportunity….
Right…. 10:30 at night and still not packed at all (some things never change) – I’m off!!
See you tomorrow from London!
No comments:
Post a Comment