Hi Again! Here we are safe in Bern, Switzerland. We woke up to rain – so there wasn't much that we could do in Italy so we decided to head to Switzerland. I was really nervous that I was going to have to go back through the Alps. We stopped at a rest stop and found that we weren't (thank goodness) – the pass we drove over yesterday was actually closed today anyway because of the snow. We did drive through the mountains and it was snowing but it wasn't bad and I could actually enjoy the scenery without thinking about plummeting to my death. The camera battery ran out so here are some of the few pictures we got:
Italy:
Switzerland:
We got to Bern and it was raining (still). We sat in the hotel room being a bit angry about the rain and then decided – who cares about the rain???? So off we went to the LDS Bern Temple – it was only a few minutes from our hotel.
We decided since we were out, we’d venture into the city centre. We knew we’d get soaking wet – but we didn't mind. I am so glad we did, it was an amazing town with lots of fountain's, statues, and clocks.
So now we are relaxing (its the first time we’ve had time). We have a long drive tomorrow – 7 hours, our longest of the trip. We are headed to France – hoping to find something to do on the way to break things up – so tomorrow will just be a surprise.
1 comment:
Jamie, I am so jealous of you....
Post a Comment