Babysitting again today – we finished our clay craft from Tuesday. We made Christmas tree’s in the clay with thumb prints and painted them.
My clay project was a bit more simple. I love the story of the Forgotten Carols and it became a tradition to go and see the show every Christmas, until I moved to England. I really miss seeing it every year but, I have the DVD and the children's book (and the necklace, and the decorations, and the CD). I have gone through phases of loving different carols for different reasons, but this year the carol – Mary Let Me Hold Her Baby – really hit home:
Mary let me hold her baby
Her newborn son
Though I'd never be a mother
I felt like one
Mary let me hold her baby
So she could rest
And ever since that night
I held Him
My life's been blessed
Those like me
who can't have children
Still can be mothers
Something in His eyes
convinced me
I could serve so many others
Mary let me hold her baby
So soft and warm
Mary let me hold her baby
And I was reborn
Something in His eyes
convinced me
I could serve so many others
Mary let me hold her baby
So soft and warm
Mary let me hold her baby
And I was reborn
Each carol has a special ornament and this one is just a simple rag that the baby was wrapped in. So that was my craft – an ornament for my tree of a simple white rag, to remind me of the song and the message of the song.
2 comments:
It's a beautiful carol - I have not heard that one before, and a beautiful ornament - you are so talented!
I love these! I need to be doing more with my kids to remind them about the true meaning of Christmas. Keep them coming!
Post a Comment