Hello Friends! After blowing the proverbial layer of dust off my blog, I figured it was about time to update. To be fair, I haven't had much to update about but, I did have an appointment this last week and now have something to write about.
The appointment was on the 28th. Chris and I got ready and got there on time only to find out the hospital appointment was at 1:00 but, Fiona (the nurse) was expecting us at 12:30. She wasn't too happy that we were late but saw us anyway.
She started out by giving us all the test results. We went over mine first, and they were all fine. Lets see… Immune to Rubella, no Diabetes, no hormone imbalances, and ovaries full of perfectly healthy eggs. That was a huge relief to start with. She told us Chris’ sample results which were more than fine, they were excellent – so he wont have to do anymore samples, she seems content that any infertility isn't on his part. They usually do 2 samples from the male and if they are alright then they leave it at that.
This was good news, nothing is obviously wrong – but it is bad news too. If nothing is wrong why am I not getting pregnant??? It means more tests and no easy answers.
She said Dr. R looked through my notes and said, aside from the fertility stuff, that it looked like I was anaemic (thanks to the celiac) and also had a syndrome called Gilbert Syndrome. Fiona then proceeded to tell me that she didn't know what it was. My mind started racing, thinking – I cant do it, I cant have another health problem.
Fiona then proceeded to tell me what our next steps are. She said that they want to do some exploratory surgery. Dr. R said there was some fluid in my uterus and that could be a sign of a blocked Fallopian tubes. Then she said what I figured she would – Jamie, you need to loose weight before we do the surgery.
This is a sore spot to me – I know that I need to loose weight, but, I don't think my weight should be a roadblock to surgery. The pressure put upon me by Fiona is immense and the pressure put upon me by myself is even bigger.
My next appointment is more than a month away. I have a big chunk of time to loose some weight to let Fiona know that I am serious. I do want a baby, but more than that I want less painful periods and to feel healthy. I don't want Fiona to give up on me and I don't want my weight to be the reason I cant be a mother, Chris cant be a Father and just as importantly my parents cant be Grandparents (that is a whole other post in itself).
Fiona referred me and Chris to a specialized weight loss clinic that has supposedly produced great results, that will be helpful.
I got home from the appointment and immediately looked online for Gilberts Syndrome. It is a non-health threatening syndrome where your liver doesn't take the yellow out of your blood, so apparently sometimes if I am stressed, dehydrated, or ill I will look a little yellow. What a blessing that it is nothing serious.
So now we wait and I work. I work on finding the motivation to loose some weight, to start on my gluten free diet, and to make my health a priority. Hopefully that will lead to more answers and some solutions. Hopefully.
1 comment:
Jamie, this is great news! And you're right, also crappy news. I have total faith in you that you can lose the weight - you can accomplish anything! It won't be an easy road, but I have a feeling you're going to inspire a lot of people (including me!) along the way. Good luck - I am totally pulling for you!!! ♥
Post a Comment