Monday, 15 June 2009

Friday Adventures

Hello Internet.  Like I said a few posts ago, Chris and I have decided to have an adventure exploring on Fridays.  This last Friday we decided not to go far because we need to save money for a trip up North.  We thought we’d just go do some shopping and then head home.  While we are Tesco I found these and had to take a picture:
IMG_0074 IMG_0073
I don't know what I found funnier, that they are selling these in a shop in England OR that the University of Utah was put on a BLUE outfit. 
On the way home we decided to go through a little town called Thorney that we had noticed had a nice old church.  One of the things Chris and I love to do is to visit old churches, and since this was on our way home we stopped.  I am so glad we did.  It was an amazing church that used to be an abbey.  The building standing had the date of 1638 on it, but as I’ve read a bit more I have learned that wasn't when it was first built… if you want more info you can read a bit about it here.
Here are some of the pictures we took:
IMG_0097 IMG_0077   IMG_0080IMG_0086IMG_0076IMG_0079 IMG_0084 IMG_0085  IMG_0087 IMG_0088 IMG_0092 IMG_0093 IMG_0096
Here are the oldest graves we could find:
IMG_0083 
It was a great day and so close to home.  Sometimes I still cant believe how much history this country has and what an opportunity I have to experience it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What must it be like to experience weekend adventures to churches built centuries before? Wow! Thanks for letting me into your world!