Hello Internet! BOY! Its been a long week for me… a long month even, and I have been itching to get out of our small little town for a bit of a get away. I long to reconnect with Chris away from the stress of every day life and I want to travel further afield then an hour or so. The last time we had a little trip was in December to our Trip from HELL – Belgium. I think we are very due for another – not another trip from hell, just a get away – you know what I mean!!
Luckily, about 2 weeks ago, things fell into place for Chris and I to go up North – Gateshead way – to visit Chris’ grandma for her birthday. We decided, even when the original plans fell through, that we’d spend a weekend away. We searched online for a nice little bed and breakfast and found a great one right on the coast (a bonus since I love the seaside so much). We’ve decided no computer, phone, or distractions.
Our plans have come together so well. We are going to be driving through a town called North Allerton where a lot of my ancestors are from. We’ll be spending time looking for headstones and taking in the village. I have recently been bit by the family history bug and think this is a great start for it.
We are also going to visit Chris’ family, that he seldom sees, and spend time with them. I have only met them a handful of times and so I am looking forward to spending time with them as well…. that is if I can understand what they are saying (it is a hard accent to understand).
We are going to, of course, spend a lot of time at the beach (fingers crossed for good weather).
We plan on visiting Hadrian’s Wall and just general sightseeing. We are lucky it is just us (no family or kids) so that we can take our time and see what we want to see.
What is even more lucky is that on the way home we get to go to a BBQ in Doncaster with some good friends who we haven't see in quite a while (since we moved back down to this town).
All in all I am really excited to get away, see friends and family, and leave the stress at home. I thrive on exploring and so does Chris. I am sure it will prove to be quite a good trip and we’ll take lots of pictures!
1 comment:
Yay! I'm so glad you're going! You guys deserve a get-a-way! It's well worth the money in the end. And england is so peaceful and calming and quaint. (can you tell i miss it!) I hope you guys have an awesome time! Jenni
Post a Comment