So...
Once I woke up on Wednesday I made the phone call to Dr. R's secretary. I explained to her that I knew that I hadn't worked with Dr. R before, but I was told to have Chris' test results sent to him by my GP and I was interested in the results and also making an appointment as soon as possible with Dr. R. I was quickly told that 1. They don't tell test results over the phone, and 2. I would have to go to my GP to give me another referral because the one I got last MAY had expired (they didn't have any record of the one from October that shouldn't have expired).
I hung up the phone and got right back onto the phone to my GP. I told the receptionist that I needed to speak to Dr. M as soon as possible about getting another referral. She told me she'd leave a message on the computer for her but she didn't know when Dr. M would get back to me.
I had to run off and take my driving test and so I crossed my fingers that Dr. M would call and Chris could speak to her (he is more persuasive).
Later that day when I called Chris he said that she did call back, he explained the situation and what the secretary said. At this point Dr. M got very frustrated (at Dr. R) and said the referral should be valid still and that she would call the secretary herself and get an appointment.
Good news! I am lucky that I have a GP that is on my side but, why wouldn't she be? She has been struggling with medical professionals for us since May - she must be frustrated with them wasting her time as well.
So now we are back to waiting for an appointment - I think next week I will be making a call to Dr. R to make sure that there is something in the works. I'll get in there to see him if its the last thing I do!
1 comment:
yay for long ropes!!!
Post a Comment