Sunday, 6 January 2008

Please Pass the Cold Medicine

Alright so it looks like I got a little ahead of myself with my last post... it seems like, although the New Years resolution I shared was quite noble for the time, maybe I should have made a resolution like:  Take more, LOTS more, vitamin C or when Chris gets sick - STAY AWAY - those seem a lot more appropriate now, considering our current circumstances of me, going on 4 days sick and Chris going on who knows how many!  All my other resolutions have been put on the back burner, oh except the eating well one because, being sick we aren't eating much at all.
And it couldn't have been at a worse time - can I be honest?  Just when I thought I couldn't take any more problems, was at the end of my rope - I get sick - and that makes everything worse.
Since we've been back to England (be prepared for some complaining) the following things have happened:
*  We've had to buy a new car.
*  My work hours have been cut to a very LEAN 8 hours a week.
*   They suspect we have a water leak for our apartment.
*  No one will come and show us how to work our heaters so we are freezing and being infested with mold (nice I know).
*  One single page of jobs in the paper and NONE that either Chris or I would qualify for.
*  In-laws that aren't all too happy with me and Chris.
*  Rent STILL owing - council still hasn't sorted out our pesky 4 children problem (they think we have 4).
But before you think our life is all gloom and doom - we did by a dryer (que angelic choir)!
So between fighting my flu, fighting my boss, fighting my landlord, and fighting my homesickness (the biggest fight of all) - we are hanging in there - barely.
And that is the story of why I haven't written... am I forgiven? 

No comments: