Thursday, 24 January 2008

Bits and Pieces

I guess I keep this blog going because, one day I will want to look back (fondly) at all of the unfortunate things that happen to me and when I am 80 I will probably not remember the following things:

At the first of January, Chris and I got another car - Bella was getting too problematic to fix for the emissions and inspections (read: M.O.T. in England). Chris' dad, John, helped find us one that I was quite hesitant about but, we got anyway.  WHAT A JOKE!  Three weeks later, and we have already found out that it needs its alignment done, new front tires (tyres), new fan belt, leaky trunk (boot), its overheated three times, etc. etc. etc.  So we went back to the car dealership today and Chris pretty much said, "Fix it or give us our money back!" (It is so nice to have a husband to do stuff like that).  And the dealer said, and I quote, "Yeah, we'll give you another car for it or a refund - I HONESTLY SHOULDNT HAVE SOLD YOU THE CAR IN THE FIRST PLACE." (my jaw still drops!)  Can you believe it!?!?  I guess maybe some of you can.. but I think I still might have a "rainbow and butterfly" idea of the world... why would he do that?  At any rate, he wants to "trade" a more expensive car, for this one (Chris named the car Shirley).  What do I do?  I don't trust him as far as I can throw him, and we do still have Bella, should we spend the money to fix her up?  She has been PERFECT for 18 months (oohhhh I better bite my tongue)!

Just as side notes:
I just lit a small bonfire in the trash can in my bedroom - who would have thought even after the incense in burned out it could still create flames and burn unwanted receipts -- I now do, and so do you - LEARN FROM ME!
The other day on the way home from work I drove for about 8 blocks on the wrong side of the road in the dark.  I didn't even NOTICE until I got up to the junction and had to turn left and realized that the car in front of me, that was turning left, was on the opposite side.
I got acupuncture last week, it hurt a little when she was sticking needles into my hands and FEET (yuck yuck yuck) but the ones on my calves, neck and shoulders didn't hurt at all - even when she twisted them to stimulate them.  It was strange, tiring, relaxing, and helpful all in one - who would have thought - needles. 
Oh how I miss my disposal and dishwasher....

Other Updates?  None - Chris is still looking for a job and interviewing - but is keeping quite busy with his church calling?  Have I told you?  I'm married to the Elders Quorum President.  With that calling and mine (Councillor in the Relief Society) all we need is a home in Provo and 2.5 children.  We love it though - last weekend we got to go to a wedding, reception and baptism -- all for the same lady all on the same day (and a branch activity after that) - being in a branch is eye opening, that's for sure!  I am doing fine too.... working and sitting around (HEY! it takes a lot out of you!)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hey Jamie!!!
 
I found your blog by Abbies - I have enjoyed reading all about your problematic life!  You are too funny!  That really stinks about the car - I mean, what kind of person would sell you a rotten car?  What a joke!  My husband was also the Elder\'s Quorum President until last Sunday (it had been about a year).  He is now the 2nd counselor in the Young Mens, which is a nice change.  He has never had to move so many people in his life!!!
 
Anyway, take care, and DO keep this going.  I enjoy reading!
 
Danielle (Stroh)