Tonight I was reading through my old journal and I found this entry from my first trip to England in September 2001:
"The day I have dreaded the whole trip. I have to go home tomorrow. I am here catching up on my writing, but, not really wanting to go to sleep because I know it ends tomorrow. I love England. I belong in England. The feeling I get is one of peace when I am here. I am so surprised I am not homesick but I think, how could I be homesick when I am home? That is what I feel. I came on this holiday to figure things out, and I have. I dread tomorrow, I don't want it to come because I know I have to leave. And I know when I get home I will be homesick then. Homesick not just for my friends but for this place. You know it is funny - I think now I am realizing why I am so drawn to British boys. It is because they will help me be there. I am so glad that I got to come here and to discover this place and to fall in love with this place. I will miss it terribly, more than I have missed anything in my life."
I remember writing that entry through tear filled eyes. I REALLY felt that way. I really felt something about this country that I couldn't quite describe, it's deep feeling that has never left me. I guess what I need to do now is remember those feelings.
How do you think that quote would look on my bathroom mirror???
"The day I have dreaded the whole trip. I have to go home tomorrow. I am here catching up on my writing, but, not really wanting to go to sleep because I know it ends tomorrow. I love England. I belong in England. The feeling I get is one of peace when I am here. I am so surprised I am not homesick but I think, how could I be homesick when I am home? That is what I feel. I came on this holiday to figure things out, and I have. I dread tomorrow, I don't want it to come because I know I have to leave. And I know when I get home I will be homesick then. Homesick not just for my friends but for this place. You know it is funny - I think now I am realizing why I am so drawn to British boys. It is because they will help me be there. I am so glad that I got to come here and to discover this place and to fall in love with this place. I will miss it terribly, more than I have missed anything in my life."
I remember writing that entry through tear filled eyes. I REALLY felt that way. I really felt something about this country that I couldn't quite describe, it's deep feeling that has never left me. I guess what I need to do now is remember those feelings.
How do you think that quote would look on my bathroom mirror???
No comments:
Post a Comment