Monday, 15 March 2010

Great Yarmouth

No, your eyes are not deceiving you.  This is a new blog entry.  Don't be too shocked – take a deep breath, and lets begin.
So much (and yet, nothing) has happened since I last updated, so I will be starting from recently (to avoid becoming too overwhelmed).
This last weekend Chris and I decided to avoid Mothers Day at all costs – and spend a weekend in Great Yarmouth for his birthday (on the same day as Mothers Day). 
It turned out to be quite rainy, cold, and a bit boring.  It wasn't good weather at all (except about 30 minutes on Saturday). 
The B&B left little to be desired and when the TV broke in our first room, we got moved to another smaller room.  The toilet and shower were in a space that was no bigger than an American closet.  We were supposed to stay for 3 nights but yesterday we could hear out own bed calling us from 90 miles away and we packed up a day early and came home. 
It was nice to get away, and I am always keen to see new parts of the country.  It was nice to focus on Chris’ birthday and just spend some time together away from “real life”.
But, oh was it nice to be home…
Here are some pictures from the weekend – if you want to see the whole set (including videos) make sure you visit theflattleys.co.uk.  Chris does a great job updating the site with all the pictures and videos we take over here.
Anyway, enjoy!
DSCF4341
The view of the windfarm from the beach that would could walk to.  If you look closely, you can see that some of the turbines are covered with the clouds.
DSCF4344The view looking toward the pier.
DSCF4345 Looking towards the North Sea, with a typical English sky.
DSCF4352 Looking off the pier.  I have always said the clouds in England look different than they do in Utah, and here you can see why – they are very low.
DSCF4355The old pier (I think) and the dirty North Sea waves.
DSCF4364The view of the town from the top of the multi-story car park. DSCF4367The death trap (a.k.a. stairs).  We were on the top floor of the B&B and the stairs were soooo steep.  I clung onto the rails for dear life every time I walked up or down those stairs (and if you know my luck with stairs – you’ll understand why).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are posting again. I've been worried about you :)