Saturday, 28 November 2009

The Facts

I am thankful for all the prayers, happy thoughts, and support shown to me.

I am still recovering from the surgery, so this post will be basic – I will write the whole story soon!

The surgery was fine – it went off without a problem.

The doctor found stage 4 Endometriosis (the worst stage).

One tube was blocked, the other one he couldn't see.

The endo is so bad that the bowels are now pressing into my uterus.

To even try to fix it, it will take more surgery with another specialist.

After surgery the chances of me getting pregnant naturally is, at best, 30%

My doctor has put through an “urgent” referral to the next doctor and I should have an appointment date within 2-3 weeks.

I am in shock – it is not what I expected or could have prepared myself for.

I am trying to figure out how to live in a world full of children, knowing that I will probably never have one naturally.

I am healing well and will write more later.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

oh jamie, this isn't at all what i expected either, so i can't imagine your feelings. i know everything happens for a reason, blah blah blah, but this is just CRAP.

my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Abbie said...

We love you Jamie. And keep in mind you keep saying, "...naturally..." That still gives you hope! We will keep you in our prayers.

van der Wekken said...

There are so many people that are able to have children with IVF even with severe endometriosis. Even if it isn't "natural" conception, you can still be pregnant. There is still hope. Good luck with everything. You will be in my prayers.

That Girl said...

Jamie...I don't have endometriosis, but I do have fertility problems. PCOS being one of the few issues.
We went to so many specialists and had so many treatments...all but IVF. We were told that there was no way unless we had IVF that we would conceive, and with IVF there might only be a 30% chance of conceiveing. HA! the Lord knew his plan..we was testing our faith. We were getting ready to turn in the adoption papers...and we found out we were pregnant. And I now have two beautiful girls. I am praying for you and for the outcome you desire! xoxo
Kandis

Danielle said...

hey jamie. i keep checking this blog for an update - hope everything is going okay. ♥