Well Chris and I seem to be having really good luck with the Visa process. We were told that it would be about 6 months all together, but, as we’ve filed paperwork we’ve gotten it back in weeks – not months.
Today I was laying in bed trying to get “just 10 more minutes sleep” and Chris came in and seemed excited about something.
He had a paper in his hand. He handed it to me and it was a letter from the Embassy saying they’d received our most recent paperwork and it was approved!
Now we have to get a medical appointment with the “Embassy approved physician”. That appointment costs £180 and, although, when Chris called today the receptionist said that they could make us an appointment for 48 hours time, this is the part of the process that is going to take the most time and surprisingly it isn't because of the Embassy it is because we don't have all of the funds in place.
After Chris has the medical exam we can make an appointment for his interview at the Embassy. Then we have to pay nearly $400 – but (fingers crossed) we’ll walk away with the assurance that Chris has a Visa.
I am so happy with the progress and feel so blessed that it is happening so smoothly. I said to Chris today that I was a little torn about things. I wanted it to move fast but it is happening so fast we haven't had time to save up. If things keep going the way they have I would bet that we’ll be back to the USA in Spring/Late Spring. What an exciting prospect!
P.S. Dear Universe: Please don't let this blog post jinx me for our dealings with the Embassy in the future. Thanks!
1 comment:
Here's to no jinxing! Good luck!
Post a Comment