Hello friends. I thought it was time for a little update, although there isn't much to report on.
I have finally gotten all of my blood tests done for my next appointment with Fiona (Fertility Nurse). It wasn't as many as I thought there would be. When we walked away from the Fiona’s office with a stack of tests I thought that I would be getting blood taken on a regular basis (which actually doesn’t bother me at all). But, I’ve only had to go and deal with the “Evil Blood Lady” twice, once last week when she tried my elbow for veins (NEVER have I gotten blood out of there without SEVERAL tries – even an ultrasound machine to find a vein once – I told her this and she tried anyway) and didn't get anything so she went to the spot on my left forearm that is always reliable. Yesterday she went straight to that spot - I don't know if she just didn't want to fight with me about “her knowing best” or if she just gave in – either way the blood tests are all done. Those tests have included my hormone levels and also my glucose levels and the one last week was for ovulation.
There are two more tests left to do – Chris’ sample on the 8th of July and the Chlamydia test.
Now a little commentary on the NHS and their cost saving methods. When I went in last week I also asked to book my Chlamydia screening. The receptionist promptly handed me an envelope for a “do it yourself” test. Now I have to stress out about that - doing it right and sending it away correctly – I think I might just have the nurse do it. I know the NHS is trying to save money but come on… are there not certain things that are better for the health professionals to do?
Anyway… we have another appointment with Fiona on the 28th of July. Thank goodness she fit us in then because if not we’d be waiting till the end of August while she is on holiday. Just another reason to feel confident with her – she genuinely seems interested in helping us.
While I was looking through my old pictures I came across this one:
This was taken years ago at a family reunion. I don't know when or where or even who that baby is, but I do know that it is my favourite picture of me with a child. There is nothing extraordinary about this picture and I have a fair few pictures with me holding or interacting with children, but this one goes right to my heart. Maybe it is the natural way I look, un-posed and comfortable – but in it I feel like I am seeing myself as a mother. It gives me something to look forward to, but also hurts my heart at the same time. Luckily we are moving forward and that gives me hope.
1 comment:
I love that picture of you Jamie!! You do look super relaxed and comfortable. Good luck at your appt next month!!
Post a Comment