Monday, 6 April 2009

Exploring

Sometimes I get so caught up in wanting to be back in Utah, that I forget - I'M IN ENGLAND!

There are so many lovely places here in the UK that I have always wanted to visit. Now that I am getting the car fixed Chris and I are looking forward to being able to explore a bit more and I have a list of places I want to visit, both here in the UK and Europe, before I get to go back home. Although sometimes it is hard for me to remember NOW, I think at some point in my life, while doing the tedious, every day things, I will really regret it if I don't travel as much as possible while I have the opportunity.

Everywhere I go in this beautiful country I am surrounded by beauty. One of my favourite places thus far has been York, England. They have a majestic minster and is seeping with history. England is full of castles, history, and nature! One of the places we already have planed is to go up North, where my ancestors are from, and look for headstones and records of my family history.

So here are some of the places we plan on going this spring/summer:
Blackpool:


The Lake District:

The Isle of Man:


Wales:

Hadrians Wall (Scotland):


There are lots of countries I would love to visit while I am so close, the top 5 are:
1. Poland (Auschwitz)
2. Switzerland
3. Germany (to visit family)
4. Netherlands
5. Italy
The great thing is they are all so close... the bad thing? Money!
So tell me internet, where would you go if you were me?

2 comments:

Liz said...

Italy!

Rachel said...

I would choose the place that is warmest and greenest. Too bad I know very little about world climates and therefore I can't decide. Maybe the Netherlands just because I know so little about them and the name indicates that you really went away.