Hello Internet...
I passed a HUGE anniversary just this weekend. I didn't get any cards or presents - no one even noticed or said one thing - NOT EVEN MY OWN HUSBAND. But it was a big deal, to me.
The reason it was such a big deal was, because at times I thought I'd never make it to this anniversary - month after month I said to myself "It will get better..." and sometimes it did, but sometimes it didn't. Sometimes I was ready to call it quits and didn't care if I ever reached this anniversary because I liked things the way they were before. That being said, sometimes I was so in love that the anniversary seemed to sneak up on me without warning or trouble.
I have a pair of shoes that I used to wear that remind me of my anniversary. When I first started out they were new, blindingly white and not too comfortable... and now???
I wore these shoes on my wedding day, but that isn't the anniversary I am talking about.
I also wore these shoes when I stepped onto a plane that would take me to England, these shoes were on my feet when I took my first steps on English soil - not as a visitor - but as a resident. I wore these shoes when I took all of my belongings and put them into a caravan to live. I was wearing them when I walked through London and York and Newcastle. I wore these shoes when I first drove my own English car, on the wrong side of the road. I wore this shoes to really great days out and on really hard days in.
They are no longer new, white or uncomfortable... these shoes are me after a year in England.
I am not longer that person who put those shoes on, on my wedding day. I have lived in England. I am no longer white with in-experience I am a little worn for the wear but I am also comfortable, more comfortable than I was a year ago.
So Happy Anniversary to Jamie and England... here's to the tears and the laughter the sadness and the joy and here's to many more years together!
I passed a HUGE anniversary just this weekend. I didn't get any cards or presents - no one even noticed or said one thing - NOT EVEN MY OWN HUSBAND. But it was a big deal, to me.
The reason it was such a big deal was, because at times I thought I'd never make it to this anniversary - month after month I said to myself "It will get better..." and sometimes it did, but sometimes it didn't. Sometimes I was ready to call it quits and didn't care if I ever reached this anniversary because I liked things the way they were before. That being said, sometimes I was so in love that the anniversary seemed to sneak up on me without warning or trouble.
I have a pair of shoes that I used to wear that remind me of my anniversary. When I first started out they were new, blindingly white and not too comfortable... and now???
I wore these shoes on my wedding day, but that isn't the anniversary I am talking about.
I also wore these shoes when I stepped onto a plane that would take me to England, these shoes were on my feet when I took my first steps on English soil - not as a visitor - but as a resident. I wore these shoes when I took all of my belongings and put them into a caravan to live. I was wearing them when I walked through London and York and Newcastle. I wore these shoes when I first drove my own English car, on the wrong side of the road. I wore this shoes to really great days out and on really hard days in.
They are no longer new, white or uncomfortable... these shoes are me after a year in England.
I am not longer that person who put those shoes on, on my wedding day. I have lived in England. I am no longer white with in-experience I am a little worn for the wear but I am also comfortable, more comfortable than I was a year ago.
So Happy Anniversary to Jamie and England... here's to the tears and the laughter the sadness and the joy and here's to many more years together!
No comments:
Post a Comment