We live with an old, deaf, blind and quite opinionated woman.
For weeks now, she has been telling me what a bad wife I am to my husband.
If we have left-overs, I should make him a warm meal.
If I make him wait in town for me, I should be there to meet him.
If I ask him do some laundry (which I rarely do), I should be doing it.
And on and on and on....
A few nights ago it got to be too much!
Jamie: Chris, I am a bad wife. I didnt make your sandwhiches for you for lunch tomorrow.
Chris: Jamie, you are not a bad wife, I can make my own sandwhiches.
Jamie: Yeah, but if you do then Olga will just say how bad of a wife I am.
Chris: Look at her, her first two husbands left her, I dont think she can tell YOU how to be a wife.
And that was just the right thing to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment