Wednesday, 30 August 2006

So Long, Farewell......

The time has FINALLY come for Chris and I to move up to Doncaster.  This Saturday we are saying goodbye to the caravan, the family, the amazing branch, the noisy trains, and the city of March.  Am I sad?  Yes!  I am sad because I have really grown to like my new family (especially my mother-in-law -- and that isnt kissing up -- she doesnt read this).  It is also scary to go to a new city that Chris and I know nothing about at all.  Chris is brave... he already has job interviews set up and doesnt know how to get to them.  I am going to hold things off until I get a little settled.   We are going to be staying with an old lady called Olga who is gone with her senior friends a lot and is legally blind.  I am wary of moving in with someone that I dont know at all but the other day when Chris called her (he always does, I dont understand anyone on the phone here) she asked if we wanted her to get us any food for when we come on Saturday.  I have a feeling it will be like living with a grandma - a grandma who I cant understand - but a grandma none the less.  It will be good to get on our own.  Olga informed us that she will be gone all next week.  I turned to Chris and asked, 'What are we going to do with a house to ourself?????!?'  It is something we've never NEVER had.  It will be strange for him to go to work each day, strange to have a bathroom in the same house as us, strange to have some space, and strange to have a closet -- we havent had one of those since we've been married.  I dont think she has the internet so it might be a while until I write again, but its my blog - you faithful readers are used to that!

No comments: