If I wrote on here everytime I thought about writing.... it would be full of stuff.... but, I havent. So take this as my first blog from my new life in England.
I would love to be able to write a whole bunch of wondeful things about England (like I did in December), but the thing is... this is harder than I ever though it would be. That is the real reason I havent written. I dont want to sound too down or complain to much or give England a bad name :).
It has been a hard adjustment. I am living in a trailer (caravan) with Chris in the back yard (garden) of his parents house. We are lucky that we've spent so much time together already, because, had we not we probably would have killed each other by now in the small space. The first 2 weeks we got here the weather was awful. HOT HOT HOT and no air conditioners. I mean we're in England, who needs air conditioners? AMERICANS! And then after he heat comes the rain - and LOTS of it. Much better than the head mind you, I'm not complaining!
Everything is different here - the scenery, the accent, the television, the words, the food, the people, EVERYTHING. People here say 'blimey!' and 'fortnight'.
Everyone here has been really nice though. I dont mind living with my in-laws (I can say that because it is short term).
But through the good of England, all I can think about is home.... Utah. I miss my family and my friends more than I ever thought possible. It is like a part of me was left in America.
But, I'm fine. I always am. I'll update on here more often. Make sure you leave comments so I know its being read!!!
4 comments:
Jamie,
I love reading your blogs. Please keep writing.
Nikki
We miss you too! You will have to let us know when you are coming back to visit as soon as you know. I have been checking your blog every day - it is about time you update it!
Yeah - that last comment was from me - Abbie - sorry... ;)
Hey Jamie sorry to hear about the no air conditioners. England sounds like it would be a fun place. How do people use the word "fortnight"? Does Chris use American words yet? "Wzup dawg" Well hang in there, Utah will still be here when you come back. My sister-in law moved to Canada with here husband and went through the same things you are going through. Hope all is well.
Joe Taylor
Post a Comment