Wednesday, 28 December 2005

Miracles do Happen....

For anyone who knows me at all... they know that the less work involved in getting somewhere  - the better.  Church is right down the street?  I take a car.  Kim lives a street away - I drive to her house.  Well, as I am happy to report, here in England I did something I would NEVER do in America - I took a BUS to the store.  Chris was sweet and gave me great instructions.  Although, as good of the instructions - it didnt stop me from worrying a little every time I got on the bus - that I was quickly getting lost in LONDON - a town where so much looks the same and there is no rhyme or reason to the streets.  I hear that is how it is in other places - mostly everywhere besides Utah.  At any rate I managed to get the right bus - shop at TESCO... find my way through the new foods (well, new to me) and find good old ingredients for spaghetti.  HURRAY!!!  Then, even after that I managed to keep my purchases down to 4 bags full (unusual for me) and take the correct bus home.  That was a little more difficult then getting there - as I didnt know where the bus stop was so I took a little bit of a stroll to get there - but I got there - that is all that counts!  Now I am home (Chris' home) and waiting for Chris to bring the missionaries over so we can feed them dinner. 


I do love it here.... I love everything about it.   I love the sights and smells and sounds of England.  I always have, and probably always will.  Could I see myself living here (and at that, riding the bus everywhere)?  YES without hesitation - YES!

No comments: