Most people choose to think about the events of the last year on an important date, you know, New Years, Birthdays (themselves or their children), Christmas... ohhhh not me - I choose to break tradition and ponder on the dealings of last year on July 19th. The date actually does means something to me, it was the time I first ever met or chatted with Chris. As I sat and read the conversation we had a year ago - I got to thinking about how much our relationship had changed in a year and then I thought - what else has happened.... thus the post.
I decided to make a list to start with of things that have happened for me from July to July:
Trips I've Taken: 4
Times I've Twisted my Ankle: 2
Weddings I've Attended (happily or otherwise): 4
Babies Born (not mine!!!!): 3
Engagements (my own): 1
Break-ups (my own): 1
Therapists: 2
Different Kinds of Churches Attended (other than LDS): 3
Deaths: 1
Musicals I've Seen: 12 - that I can remember...
So then, at the rate of sounding like a real "RENThead", How do you measure a year? Should I measure mine in heartache or happiness, love lost or love gained, trips or musicals?
I cant believe it's been a year since I first talked with Chris...
No comments:
Post a Comment